OUSRC aims to cater for both social and competitive players. Oxford University enter two male and two female teams into the BUCS competitions, who have typically featured in the top divisions. The squads from which these teams are selected receive coaching, and typically train 3-4 times per week.
New to Oxford in 2018/2019 (Freshers!):
Oxford Squash will be posting information about how to join and where to find us in the coming weeks. We’ll be at the Freshers Fair, trials are typically in the first week, membership is typically sorted in the first 2-3 weeks and everyone is welcome year-round. Keep an eye on this page and also our social media (facebook). We look forward to you joining the club!
Joining OUSRC (2018-2019):
- Membership includes free use of the Iffley Courts at off-peak times (avoiding the usual £5.60 fee for each 45 minute court booking).
- Members have the opportunity to enter the OUSRC Ladders and box leagues.
- We hold free members’ coaching every Saturday 11:00-13:00 during term time run by Blues squash players. In 2018/2019, we are looking to change this date to a Sunday afternoon, encouraging participation in a session containing coaching, a casual hit and then the option to go to a local pub for a drink together.
- For beginners, we offer the England Squash “Squash 101” scheme. A qualified instructor will run several introductory coaching sessions at a subsidised low rate, thanks to our affiliation with England Squash.
- Members of the main squad are typically involved in multiple fixtures throughout the year, including exclusive venues such as the RAC, Oxford & Cambridge Club, Queens and more.
- Regular social events with an array of activities – dinners, crew dates, pub crawls, visits to PSL matches
- Access to the ‘lucrative’ university stash and team kit, produced by iPROSPORTS.
- Exciting new sponsorship is in the pipeline with a major squash brand – keep an eye out for this new partnership announcement and the massive discounts which will follow!
Membership costs are as follows:
Social: £60 (Predominately for students and post-docs looking for casual hits)
Squad: £100 (includes one oxford blue T-shirt)
Staff & Oxford Affiliated: £75 (Predominately for staff and senior club members)
Non-Oxford Affiliated: £120 (For those in Oxford and looking to take advantage of what the our club has to offer. Just play more than twice a month and you’ve got your money’s worth!)
A full list of membership benefits for 2018/2019 will be posted shortly.
To join, please complete both the online membership form and payment of your membership fees (via cheque to the Treasurer or bank transfer).
Please direct any further membership enquiries to our Members’ Officer.